Wednesday, July 8, 2015

What The Body Positive Movement Has Done For Me



I spent too many years of my life hating my thick thighs, my cellulite, my fat arms and double chin. I spent too many nights debating plastic surgery, too many days starving myself and then working out to the point where I’d pass out to try to force my body into becoming something it doesn’t want to be. There were days when I didn't want to get out of bed and face the day because I was ashamed of the way I looked. I used to wear baggy, shapeless clothes to try to hide my body- I didn't think I was capable of being fashionable.


The Body Positive Movement has helped me so much. Whenever I'm down on myself, I surf through body positive hashtags like #effyourbeautystandards, and seeing all those pictures of fat babes absolutely killing it makes me feel like I should get out there and rock my curves, too. I now love my little double chin, my big thighs, my fat body. I wear form-fitting clothes and participate in trends freely, without feeling self-conscious about my body. I also don't indulge in negative self-talk anymore, which has contributed greatly to my improved outlook. I just feel so much better having accepted myself as I am. People who haven’t seen me in a while ask if I’ve lost weight and say I look great- I tell them that, no, I have not lost weight; I’ve gained confidence and self-love, which is more than any diet or could do for me.





T-shirt: custom

Skirt: Torrid, size 2

Belt: Skinny sparkle belt: Torrid, size 1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment